Dr. Murugeswari Ponnalagu
Dr. Murugeswari Ponnalagu
3rd Floor, Narayana Nethralaya, Narayana Health City
# 258/A, Bommasandra, Hosur Road,
Bangalore, 560099 INDIA.
PhD (Biomedical Sciences) , Aravind Medical Research Foundation, Madurai. Kamaraj University, Madurai, India, 2012.
MSc (Animal Biotechnology), Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, India, 2003.
BSc (Zoology), Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, India, 2001.
2016-2019: PI, Department of Biotechnology- Bio-CaRe, India. To investigate the effect of anti-Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor treatment on Retinal Pigment Epithelium: A step in understanding the etiology of treatment non-responders
1. Ponnalagu Murugeswari,SubramaniMurali, AnandVinekar, VenkataRamanaAnandula, NallathambiJeyabalan, Priyanka Chevour, Chaitra Jayadev, Rohit Shetty, Gilles Carpentier, GovindaswamyKumarmanickavel, DebashishDas.Role of Vitamin-D3 As A Vascular Inducer And In The Protection Of Retinal Pigment Epithelium From Hyperoxic Insults. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2020.
1. Subramani M, Murugeswari P, Dhamodaran K, Chevour P, Gunasekaran S, Kumar RS, Jayadev C, Shetty R, Begum N, Das D. Short Pulse of Clinical Concentration of Bevacizumab Modulates Human Retinal Pigment Epithelial Functionality. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2016 Mar 1;57(3):1140-52. (IF=3.4)
2. Khamar P, Nair AP, Shetty R, Vaidya T, Subramani M, Ponnalagu M,Dhamodaran K, D'souza S, Ghosh A, Pahuja N, Deshmukh R, Ahuja P, Sainani K, Nuijts RMMA, Das D, Ghosh A, Sethu S. Dysregulated Tear Fluid Nociception-Associated Factors, Corneal Dendritic Cell Density, and Vitamin D Levels in Evaporative Dry Eye.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2019 Jun 3;60(7):2532-2542. (IF=3.8).
3. Murugeswari Ponnalagu, Dhananjay Shukla, Ramasamy Kim, Perumalsamy Namperumalsamy, Alan W. Stitt, Veerappan Muthukkaruppan. Angiogenic Potential of Vitreous from Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy and Eales’ Disease Patients. Plos One 2014, 13; 9(10):e10755. (Cited by 6 article ; IF=3.2)
4. Rohit Shetty; Krishna PoojitaVunnava; KameshDhamodaran; HimanshuMatalia; SubramaniMurali; Chaitra Jayadev; Ponnalagu Murugeswari; Arkasubhra Ghosh; Debashish Das.Characterization of Corneal Epithelial Cells in Keratoconus.TVST. 2019, Vol.8, doi:10.1167/tvst.8.1.2. (IF=2.2).
5. Murugeswari P, Dhananjay Shukla, Anand Rajendran, Kim R, Namperumalsamy P, VR. Muthukkaruppan, Pro-inflammatory cytokines, angiogenic and anti-angiogenic factors in vitreous of patients with Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy and Eales’Disease. Retina.2008, 28, 6: 817-824. (Cited by 130 articles ; IF=3.0)
6. Rohini G, Murugeswari P, Prajna NV, Lalitha S, Muthukkaruppan VR. Matrix metalloproteinases (MMP-8, MMP-9) and the tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMP-1, TIMP-2) in patients with fungal keratitis. Cornea. 2007, 26:207–211. (Cited by 23 articles; IF= 1.8)
7. Kamesh Dhamodaran, Murali Subramani, Murugeswari Ponnalagu, Reshma Shetty, Debashish Das. Ocular stem cells: a status update! Stem Cell Research & Therapy. April 2014, 5:56. (Cited by 14 articles; IF= 4.5)
8. Coronary artery disease, Chapter 16. Diabetes Clinical Complications: Retinopathy. Santosh G Krishna, Ponnalagu Murugeswari . In press.