3rd Floor, Narayana Nethralaya, Narayana Health City
# 258/A, Bommasandra, Hosur Road,
Bangalore, 560099 INDIA.
Nimisha has completed her masters in Biotechnology and pursuing her PhD from Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, India. She has 5 years of experience in the field of Medical Biotechnology. Expertise in molecular and cellular biology (gene cloning,qPCR, RT-PCR, primer designing and western blot), mammalian cell culture.Proficient in managing timelines and detailed documentation of different projects, writing reports and drafting manuscripts. A science enthusiast trying to understanding corneal ectatic disease at the cellular level which help in building diagnostic products for better treatment outcomes.
Papers and Book Chapter:
• “Identification of novel predictive factors for post-surgical corneal haze”. Nimisha RajivKumar, Pooja Khamar, Rohit Shetty, Ankit Sharma, Naren
Shetty, Natasha Pahuja, Valsala Gopalakrishnan Abilash, Vishal Jhanji, Anuprita Ghosh, Rajiv R Mohan, Rajani Kanth Vangala and Arkasubhra Ghosh.
Published in Scientific Reports (2019) 9:16980 | https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-53123-3. (Scientific Reports, Nature research, IF- 4.01)
• “Bilaterally asymmetric corneal ectasia following SMILE in association withasymmetrically reduced stromal molecular markers.” Rohit Shetty, Nimisha Rajiv Kumar, Pooja Khamar, Matthew Francis, Swaminathan Sethu, James Bradley, Randleman, Ronald R. Krueger, Abhijit Sinha Roy, Arkasubhra Ghosh.
Published in J Refract Surg. (Journal of Refractive Surgery)2019 Jan 1;35(1):6-14. doi: 10.3928/1081597X-20181128-01 (Journal of Refractive Surgery, IF-
• “Outcomes of Corneal Cross-Linking Correlate with Cone-Specific Lysyl Oxidase Expression in Patients with Keratoconus.” Rohit Shetty, Nimisha Rajiv
Kumar, Natasha Pahuja, Rashmi Deshmukh, KrishnaPoojita Vunnava, Valsala Gopalakrishnan Abilash, Abhijit Sinha Roy, Arkasubhra Ghosh.
Published in Cornea, Volume 37, Number 3, March 2018 (Basic Investigation section, Cornea, IF- 2.464)
• “Differential Molecular Expression at the Corneal Cone Apex Drives Focal Weakening in Keratoconus.” Natasha Pahuja, Nimisha Kumar, Rushad Shroff,
Rohit Shetty, Rudy Nuijts, Anuprita Ghosh, Abhijit Sinha Roy, Shyam Chaurasia, Rajiv Mohan, and Arkasubhra Ghosh. Published in Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci, 2016. 57(13): p. 5372-5382 (Investigative ophthalmology & visual science, IF- 3.404)
• “Correlation of clinical and biomechanical outcomes of accelerated crosslinking (9 mW/cm2 in 10 minutes) in keratoconus with molecular expression of ectasia related genes.” Natasha Pahuja, Nimisha, Mathew Francis, Shaika Shanbagh, Rohit Shetty, Arkasubhra Ghosh, PhD, Abhijit Sinha Roy
Published in Current Eye Research 2016 (IF-1.639, Thomson Reuters indexed, Taylor & Francis Online)
• Book Chapter: ITC-NDRF- Handbook of Biotechnology, Bioengineering and Biomedical Applications, submitted final manuscript for the chapter title: “Bioengineering and biophysical facets of wound healing” 2015.
• “Developing an in vitro screening assay platform for evaluation of antifibrotic drugs using precision-cut liver slices.” Satish Kumar Sadasivan, Nethra Siddaraju, Khaiser Mehdi Khan, Balamuralikrishna Vasamsetti, Nimisha R Kumar, Vibha Haridas, Madhusudhan B Reddy, Somesh Baggavalli, Anup M Oommen and Raghavendra Pralhada Rao Published in Fibrogenesis and tissue repair (2015) 8:1 (Scopus Non-Indexed journal).
• Got 3rd prize in 4th international conference on Science, Engineering and Technology on the topic “Isolation of antibiotic scavengers from sewage sample” from VIT University (Oral presentation). Organism Accession no Authors Ralstonia picketti JQ398854 Priya R., Nimisha., Astha., MadhuMathy and Osborne,J* Shiegella sp JX307690 Priya R., Nimisha and Osborne,J*
• Participated and presented in Bio India 2012 on a paper entitled “Isolation of antibiotic scavengers from sewage sample” (Poster presentation).
• Transcriptome profiles predicting post photorefractive keratectomy corneal haze Nimisha, Natasha Pahuja, Rohit Shetty, Arkasubhra Ghosh poster presentation at ARVO-India chapter, held at LVPEI, Hyderabad in July 2015.
• International conference: Poster presentation followed by Rapid fire oral presentation on title “Analysis of molecular mechanisms that predispose patients to develop post-PRK haze” at European Association for Vision and Eye Research (EVER 2015 Congress), Nice, France, 7-10th Oct, 2015.
• Got best poster presentation award entitled “Transcriptome profiling reveals novel expression markers that predispose patients to develop post- photorefractive keratectomy corneal haze’’ at NGBT Conference, Bhubeneshwar, October 2017.