3rd Floor, Narayana Nethralaya, Narayana Health City
# 258/A, Bommasandra, Hosur Road,
Bengaluru, 560099 INDIA.
- Shaika Shanbagh has her Masters in Biomedical genetics from VIT, University Vellore, and is currently pursuing her PhD from VIT, University.
- Current Research Work
- Altered expression of aquaporins in glaucomatous trabecular meshwork correlates to fibrotic genes and is regulated by Wnt signaling 2016-present.
- The study highlights the possible use of Wnt related modulators (which are currently being tested in other diseases like cancer) could have therapeutic application in glaucoma
- A novel idea of identification of signaling pathway in different types of pediatric cataract 2014-2016.
This is the first report on gene expression in pediatric cataracts that illustrates differences in biological pathways leading to cataract subtypes with functional correlation. We also provide a systematic pediatric cataract phenotypic classification and its correlation with the molecular expression patterns. It may eventually find its clinical application in early detection and management of pediatric cataract.
- Investigation of small non coding RNA dependent molecular signaling pathways in Diabetic Retinopathy 2015-present.
- This study aims at understanding the role of non-coding RNA in pathogenesis and progression of diabetic retinopathy.
Paper and Poster presented
- Presented poster in IERG 2015 on “Identification of regulatory pathways in pediatric cataract: A pilot study”.
- Presented poster in NGBT 2017 on “Wnt and inflammatory pathway mediated differential expression of water channel protein in glaucomatous trabecular meshwork ".
- Presented poster in ARVO 2018 on “Altered expression of aquaporins in glaucomatous trabecular meshwork correlates to fibrotic genes and is regulated by Wnt signalling”.
- Kumari R1, Nambiar M1, Shanbagh S1, Raghavan SC1, “Detection of G-Quadruplex DNA Using Primer Extension as a Tool” PLoS One. 2015 Mar 23;10(3):e0119722. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0119722.
- Natasha Pahujaa, Nimisha Rajiv Kumarb, Mathew Francisc,Shaika Shanbaghb, Rohit Shettya, Arkasubhra Ghoshb* & Abhijit Sinha Royc "Correlation of Clinical and Biomechanical Outcomes of Accelerated Crosslinking (9 mW/cm2 in 10 minutes) in Keratoconus with Molecular Expression of Ectasia-Related Genes". doi:10.3109/02713683.2015.1133831.
Received Indian Eye Research Group (ARVO-India) Travel Grant to attend the world’s leading and most respected organization for eye and vision research meeting. The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) 2018 Annual Meeting will be held April 29 – May 3, in Honolulu, Hawaii.